1. Go Au-Natural / You never see Italian girls running around with Kim Kardashian like hair and a smoky eye and a red lip at the same time! As shown above, the rule for when it comes to makeup and hair is “keep it natural”. This isn’t to say that you can’t pull out the curling iron, but if you do, try your best to keep it simple.
2. Wear Skinnies / I gaurentee you will never meet an italian girl who does not have a pair of skinny jeans. Whether it be spring, summer, winter, or fall, the weather is always perfect for them and it is imperative that we American’s understand that too. We often get caught in the rut of “shorts are for summer” and “jeans are for winter”. No, no, no, and no, but really, get some skinnies.
3. Keep it Simple / All in all, just don’t go overboard. If you are going to wear an elaborate top, wear very minimal accessories. If you are going to wear an t-shirt, than feel free to accessorize. This is one thing an Italian is never afraid of, wearing a t-shirt. Just throw on colorful printed scarf and some hot ballet flats and you’re set!
4. Wear Chic Nail Polish / Although here in the states we are all about neons, brights, and all that, in my opinion, it’s just kind of tacky. What would the Italian do? Why, she would wear a sheer pink, red, black, or bordeaux.
5. Don’t Forget the Sunglasses / Italians love the look of sunglasses, for they emit a look of romanticism and mysteriousness.
6. Keep it subdued / You never see an Italian in neon pink shorts, let alone neons in general. Keep in neutral, but add maybe a pop of color for some interest in an accessory.