As you know, I made this post a few months ago telling you how obsessed I am with crepes. Well, I came across a recipe for a healthier version, using only three wholesome ingredients; oats, almond milk, and an egg. I couldn’t resist and made them this morning for breakfast, and they were amazing. They did not taste doughy and had a vanilla like taste, from the vanilla almond milk, that was simply divine. I definitely recommend these as a healthier alternative, but also tastier. Enjoy!
Oat Flour Crepes
(makes about 3 crepes)
*Note: Don’t freak out over the title “Oat Flour”. No, you do not have to go buy it…
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I recommend using vanilla because it tastes better)
- 1 egg
- *Optional: Stevia (just a sprinkle or a pinch)
1. Start by making the oat flour but putting the oats in a food processor blending for about 5 minutes, or until the oats have a powdery, flour like consistency.
2. Transfer the blended oats into a bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, beat the almond milk and egg slightly just to break up the yolk.
3. Add the egg mixture to the oat mixture and whisk until blended (This is also the point where you can add a sprinkle of Stevia, if you want).
4. With a heated pan, coat the pan with non-stick cooking spray and scoop a ladle full of batter into the center of the pan. Move the pan around in a circular motion until the batter has covered the pan.
5. Cook until done (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve. Fill with your favorite fillings.
*Nutrition Info: 83 calories per crepe.